Thursday 12 January 2017

Main Task-Interview with Target Audience

Front Cover Version 1:

Q: What positives are there of this cover? What do you find negative?
A: I find the image to be very effective due to its atmosphere and being minimalist in style. However, the text is hard to read because of the font and the colouring of it. I also find the image to be too small.


Front Cover Version 3:

Q: I'd like you to give me your opinions on the cover.
A: I find the text easier to read thanks to the change in font, the image is a more suitable size to attract readers. Also it looks more professional as a magazine because of the date, issue number, price and barcode. However, I think that there is too much text and it distracts from the main image.


Contents Page Version 1:

Q: What do you think of the contents page?
A: I think that it looks good so far. I think the image at the top is particularly good and the layout is simple but effective. The only thing that I think needs changing is the position of the other images.


Double-Page Spread Version 1:

Q: I'd like to hear your opinions on this.
A: The image in the background, I think is really good, and so far the text looks promising with a quote in the bottom left and different fonts and colours for other bits of text.

Double-Page Spread Version 2:
Q: What are your opinions?
A; The headline on this is good and definitely engages the audience and the text helps it appear more legitimate. However, the text is hard to read because of the background.

Double-Page Spread Version 3:
Q: Can you give me your opinions on this?
A: The text is slightly easier to read compared to before and the change in layout with the headline being flipped on its side on a an empty, white part of the page.

2 comments: