Monday 21 November 2016

Main Task-Front Cover Version 1

In this task, I had to create my own music magazine (more specifically, just the front cover, contents and double-page spread) based on actual magazines we found. The inspirations for my magazine are shown in an earlier post.

Front Cover:
This is a layout for my music magazine's front cover that I created in InDesign. I think it has a simple enough layout that I could do some interesting things with. All text boxes are labelled with what I am planning to put inside them.
This is an early version of my music magazine's front cover. I put in one of my photos that I edited in Photoshop using threshold and invert to gain the effect. I picked the title because I felt it was something that would draw a reader in. I then chose the name for the rock band on the front cover.


These are multiple versions of my music magazine's title in different fonts. I decided that these five were the best ones but went with the first because I found it to be bold and striking but still subtle though the fourth one was effective in meeting this criteria also. While there were several other fonts that I liked, I decided against them for the same reason I eventually changed the headline on the cover; because I found them more difficult to read.

2 comments:

  1. Well done David, excellent overview of your progress so far.
    Can you show your hand drawn thumbnails too please.
    Mrs McD-H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extend annotation on each image and your process please David.
    Mrs McD-H

    ReplyDelete